Tender for Communications & Marketing Projects
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING TAKEN FOR THE COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING TENDER.
The Warrington Business Improvement District is supporting the economic development of the town centre by developing a marketing and communications strategy which will be delivered by a professional agency. The strategy will include a single brand identity, a website platform and associated social media channels, PR, marketing and advertising. The purpose of this work is to engage a minimum of 100,000 consumers within a 10-mile radius of Warrington town centre and to deliver a sustainable engagement campaign targeting specific audiences, businesses and a broad base of family visitors to the diverse offer.
The Warrington BID team are seeking a marketing /design partner to support delivery of the 5-year BID projects, with the intelligence, collateral and resources.
Part 1: Place brand and narrative
With a range of multi-million-pound investment schemes due to be completed over the 5-year term of the BID, the town centre will be radically different by 2022. The Times Square development including new cinema, retail, restaurants, event plaza and market will be complete. Improved transport infrastructure and residential investments are underway aimed at making the town a place where people come together for experiences, to live and spend leisure time, work and learn as well as shop and spend money.
The supplier will be expected to provide:
- A brand name which inspires a positive emotional connection with our shoppers.
- Inspiring, authentic written copy/story book in language that can be understood by a wide range of audiences capturing the spirit and journey of the town centre within the wider borough’s regeneration.
- A visual branding tool kit.
- Photographic images that illustrate the story.
Part 2: One stop destination website to promote the town centre.
This marketing tool will pull together lots of separate websites in one place. It will not be for the whole borough but specifically, Warrington town centre as a place for listings and news about entertainment, leisure, food and drink, sport, entertainment, shopping and events, public transport, parking etc.
Information will ideally be updated in 3 ways:
- Partners will be able to log in, submit events information and images in a simple data form which will be verified before publication by the BID team.
- Uploaded by the BID team.
- By automatically being linked to the key partners’ listings sites and auto-populating.
Part 3: Retained Communications Support
A communications agency or freelance professional is required to provide support on a retained basis in the following:
- Public relations and media-management.
- Website content management.
- Campaign design.
- Content creation and social media management, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Photography, simple graphic design, video and editing for social media.
- Liaison with Groundwork as the accountable body and levy payers, capturing stories and disseminating partner news releases.
- Supporting the production of a regular e-bulletin to members.
- Copy writing for a range of publications including the new website.
- There is a requirement for the selected agency to build a B2C database which the BID will retain at the end of the 5 year term.
To view the full details, please download the Communications Brief below.
Deadline for return of responses is 25th January 2019
The Tender Process
- Warrington BID invites interested agencies to submit written proposals and budget outline.
- These should be submitted no later than 9:00am on 25th January 2019
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to a face-to-face pitch.
- Please prepare to present your approach, experience, team and costs for up to 45 minutes, followed by up to 30 minutes of Q+A with Warrington BID’s steering group.
- Please provide 2 printed copies of your presentation to leave behind after the pitch.
- Any questions for clarification can be submitted to prior to bid submission.